* STL in Ada 95?
@ 1999-11-30  0:00 Jim Dabler
From: Jim Dabler @ 1999-11-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I was wondering if anybody out there is using anything like the Standard
Template Library that C++ has.  I know that several ports of the STL have
been made for Ada95, but I can't seem to get any of them to compile under
GNAT or Green Hills.

I'm not what you would call an Ada95 jock, so I may be missing something
simplistic in trying to compile.  I can post the code, but it's only the
container code from various places on the web.

If anybody has gotten these things to compile, I would be very interested in
some pointers.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Dabler

* Re: STL in Ada 95?
@ 1999-11-30  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-11-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <FM0r1v.8yp@news.boeing.com>,
  "Jim Dabler" <james.e.dabler@boeing.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody out there is using anything like the
> Standard Template Library that C++ has.  I know that several ports of

Well, some of the functionality is already available in the standard
Ada.* packages that come with Ada compilers. Stuff like lists, queues,
bags, etc are available in a myriad of freely-available packages.

> the STL have been made for Ada95, but I can't seem to get any of them
> to compile under GNAT or Green Hills.

Exactly what packages are you talking about? I know firsthand that all
but the latest version of the GreenHills compiler can't handle the Booch
components, but we (er...they) seem to have that straightened out now.
Do you have 1.8.9b?

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: STL in Ada 95?
@ 1999-12-03  0:00 ` Jürgen Pfeifer
From: Jürgen Pfeifer @ 1999-12-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jim Dabler wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I was wondering if anybody out there is using anything like the Standard
> Template Library that C++ has.  I know that several ports of the STL have
> been made for Ada95, but I can't seem to get any of them to compile under
> GNAT or Green Hills.
>
> I'm not what you would call an Ada95 jock, so I may be missing something
> simplistic in trying to compile.  I can post the code, but it's only the
> container code from various places on the web.
>
> If anybody has gotten these things to compile, I would be very interested in
> some pointers.

Try ftp://ftp.cs.rpi.edu/pub/stl/SGL-2.0a3.tar.gz

SGL (Standard Generic Library;-) is an Ada95 implementation done by
Dave R. Musser of RPI and Alexander V. Konstantinou.

Unfortunately it will not compile with gnat-3.12p due to some strange
visibility problems of renamed operators. I tried a few minutes to fix
that, but it appears to be a subtle problem, maybe a GNAT bug
(anyone tried with another Ada95 compiler?). If anyone can fix that
I'm very interested to get that fix and will then post this very fine
library on www.gnuada.org/alt.html

J�rgen