From: "Robert I. Eachus" <eachus@mitre.org>
Subject: Re: Interfacing to an SQL database
Date: 1999/12/03
Date: 1999-12-03T20:37:28+00:00	[thread overview]

Giuseppe Fiusco wrote:

> Does anyone out there know of any other mechanisms - perhaps a bunch of
> Query type classes etc that are available or any other products from the
> Database vendors that I would be able to integrate into our Ada
> development. I am sure people have wanted to do this type of thing
> before.

   The reason you probably haven't found any Ada/ODBC bindings is that
they are too easy to create, but tend to be hardware and specific to
avoid inefficiency.
(Translation: On a PC, you are quite willing to use the local character
set instead of Latin-1, etc.)

   I really recommend doing it this way because what you learn about
ODBC in the
few hours it takes is worth the effort.  If you want an automatically
generated binding that is another possibility...

--

                                        Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;