* non-visible declaration...error
@ 1999-11-26  0:00 andi
From: andi @ 1999-11-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would compile these rows an I became an error:
  "wglCreateContext" is not visible
  non-visible declaration at win32-wingdi.ads:9157
  "wglMakeCurrent" is not visible
  non-visible declaration at win32-wingdi.ads:9179
Hmm... I use the GNAT for WinNT - Compiler 3.12 with the
win32ada-binding

Here the code:

  with System;
  with Win32.Windef;
  with Win32.Winuser;
  with Win32.Winmain;
  with Win32.Wingdi;

  procedure prog is
  -- some Var. and const
  begin
  -- Window creating things(handler,...)

  -- OpenGl-init
     RC := wglCreateContext(hInst);
     wglMakeCurrent(hInst,RC);

  -- some others
  end prog;

What can I do ???

Thanx
andi

* Re: non-visible declaration...error
@ 1999-11-26  0:00 ` Niklas Holsti
From: Niklas Holsti @ 1999-11-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

andi wrote:

> I would compile these rows an I became an error:
>   "wglCreateContext" is not visible
>   non-visible declaration at win32-wingdi.ads:9157
>   "wglMakeCurrent" is not visible
>   non-visible declaration at win32-wingdi.ads:9179

Those subprograms are declared in other packages that you
have (correctly) "withed", but since you haven't given "use"
clauses for these packages, the subprograms are not directly
visible; you must specify both the package name and the subprogram
name when calling the subprogram.

> Hmm... I use the GNAT for WinNT - Compiler 3.12 with the
> win32ada-binding
>
> Here the code:
>
>   with System;
>   with Win32.Windef;
>   with Win32.Winuser;
>   with Win32.Winmain;
>   with Win32.Wingdi;
>
>   procedure prog is
>   -- some Var. and const
>   begin
>   -- Window creating things(handler,...)
>
>   -- OpenGl-init
>      RC := wglCreateContext(hInst);

Try    RC := Win32.Wingdi.wglCreateContext(hInst);

>      wglMakeCurrent(hInst,RC);

Try    Win32.Wingdi.wglMakeCurrent(hInst,RC);

>   -- some others
>   end prog;
>
> What can I do ???

Either prefix each subprogram name with the package it comes
from, or add "use" clauses, for example

   use Win32.Wingdi;

> Thanx
> andi

Hope it helps -- I haven't used Win32 myself, yet.

Niklas