* Tonight's multiprecision...
@ 1999-11-23  0:00 Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1999-11-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gisle Sælensminde

It's not a joke: a second multiprecision library for Ada
in a single day (in some time zones at least...) !

The present library does not pretend for speed or wide
feature spectrum. In a sense, it could be a complement to Ada-GMP
( mainly for tests and tuning - note for Gisle :-) ).

It fulfills a special and urgent requirement for a completely
standalone multiprecision integer library, that arose one week
ago in the numerical algebra group in this department. It has
to compile on Compaq Ada for Alpha processor, so it is a pure
Ada 83 package. It has also been tested on GNAT (Intel x86).

To install it, unzip the multi001.zip archive

(
http://members.xoom.com/gnatlist/multi001.zip
ftp://ftp.unine.ch/incoming/gautier/multi001.zip
)

and build `test_int' (gnatmake test_int or
equivalent command). NB: despite all the tests,
it is (still!) not guaranteed as bug-free.
Comments and reports are welcome!

--
Gautier

_____\\________________\_______\
http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/

* Re: Tonight's multiprecision...
@ 1999-11-24  0:00   ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1999-11-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > It's not a joke: a second multiprecision library for Ada
> > in a single day (in some time zones at least...) !

> There is one in my component library as well (fully standalone Ada 83).
> at http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Team/MW/mw_components.html

A comparison between the `stack' model in these Ada 83 libraries
and the `heap' one of GMP (-like) would be interesting - particulary
the cost of massive allocations, reallocations & deallocations...

--
Gautier

@ 1999-11-24  0:00 ` Mats Weber
From: Mats Weber @ 1999-11-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)