From: "Matthew Heaney" <matthew_heaney@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Great Tutorial for Ada95
Date: 1999/11/19
Date: 1999-11-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <bxY1ODjQyyYmikiGQBZkH6kY4m7o@4ax.com> , Brian Orpin
<abuse@borpin.co.uk>  wrote:

>> Oh yes... and if you notice the way the html source has been written with
>> absolute URL's - they aredetermined to keep people from just downloading it
>> all as a local file system (as I prefer it).  I contacted the author through
>> the website and he said it is done like that because the publisher of the
>> paper copy wants it that way.  Copyrights and legals hassles.
>
> I find this so petty but nothing a quick webcrawl and perl script cannot
> solve.  Alternatively use a local proxy with a crawler attached.

I just had the same experience when I recently wacked a website (using
Anarchie).  On a Mac, you can use BBEdit to find all the absolute
addresses in all the files (say, the TEXT files that end with ".html"),
and replace them with relative addresses.  Problem solved.

--
Evolution is as well documented as any phenomenon in science, as
strongly as the earth's revolution around the sun rather than vice

Stephen Jay Gould, Time, 23 Aug 1999