From: Marin Condic <condicma@bogon.pwfl.com>
Subject: Re: Ada computer project HELP
Date: 1999/11/18
Date: 1999-11-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

amanda_laumb@my-deja.com wrote:

> NO, we have done work on it already.  We just can't figure out how to
> replace the ****** with the letters as the player guesses the word.
> that's what we need help with.

I'll try to help without actually doing the work for you...

Presumably, you have a string which is holding the word to be guessed.
Further, you have read in a character and a position number as the next
guess of the player. You also have a string which contains the "******"
which represents the current guesses. So you simply do something to the
effect of:

Splat_String (Position_Guess) := Guessed_Character ;

Then you redisplay the string and allow the player to continue.

If you need more help than this, try posting some chunk of code that is
causing you trouble. We're pretty helpful around here if you can be specific
enough about what is not working for you.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
If you hurry you can, for a short time only, still find me at:

Visit my web page at: http://www.mcondic.com/