From: "Matthew Heaney" <matthew_heaney@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Help withing Operators
Date: 1999/11/18
Date: 1999-11-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <810os4$lko$1@trog.dera.gov.uk> , "Hovers"
<hovers@dera.gov.uk> wrote:

> I want to find out how you overide a large number of operators.

Be more specific about what you're trying to do.  Give a *small* but
complete set of code.

Do you want to "override" operators of a type?  Or keep the operators,
but make them directly visible at their point of use?

Do you want to override the operators of a tagged type or nontagged
type?

Do you want to override only the "operatORS," or do you mean all the
"operatIONS" of the type?

> I know you
> can overwrite them one at a time, but if all the operators are contained
> within a package, can you, in some way with that package's operators?

You can get direct visibility to the operators by using a "use type"
clause, or by renaming just the ones you're interested in.

But you said override, so I'm not sure "use type" is what you want.

BTW: why do you want to override the operators of a type?

--
I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock
the religious feelings of anyone.

Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species