From: G <Dizzy@interact.net.au>
Subject: how many programmers to change a lightbulb ?
Date: 1999/11/18
Date: 1999-11-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Not really... but I thought that would get someone's attention.
I wrote some code and asked for advice, I guess the code was ridiculous
coz I got none.

I have lots of questions to ask.  These are on-topic.

Things like - when someone designs a major software project (I have been
looking
at the documents on domain analysis and other things at SEI) - it
appears as though the project is broken into teams - and each team need
only know about as much about the other team's work as they do to know
where what they are designing interacts with the other modules and
components of the system, that is - what contracts are being resolved.
As long as they return what is required to the system in the most
efficacious manner, everyone is happy.

Is that right (however simple it may be) ?  Won't there be problems with
geographically remote teams of programmers doing things separately such
that certain discontinuities might emerge with (the
compatibility/interoperability issues of) the various modules they
design ?

Also - I read something about a language called durra.  It is very
erudite and complex.
This is a design language ?  Not something which is itself compiled ?
But then why is there a durra compiler and then does this compile durra
systems into ada systems.
I couldn't work out if durra was an extension of Ada - it certainly
looked that way.

Anyways, doesn't matter... I am broadening my general knowledge on these
matters.

Thanks to anyone who knows anything about this stuff and responds.
:-)

-Graeme
Australia

*insert appropriately witty/relevant socially satirical quote here*