From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
To: Wes Groleau <wwgrol@ftw.rsc.raytheon.com>
Subject: Re: Configuring Netscape to read comp.lang.ada
Date: 1999/11/17
Date: 1999-11-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Wes Groleau wrote:

> Does anyone know why this happens or how to fix it?
>
> In comp.lang.ada, Netscape shows me no "threads"  In all other
> newsgroups (that I've looked at), the messages in a thread are shown
> together, with thin lines showing which replies to which.
> In comp.lang.ada, they are shown strictly in chronological order, with
> no connections.

Netscape remembers what order you viewed a newsgroup in last time
you viewed it.  All you need to do is click on the icon just to the
left of the word "Subject" in the line above the news item headers.
Wherever you "click" on that line controls how the news items are
sorted.  If you click on the Date column header, then you get the
behavior you have been getting thus far.  If you click on the
"threading" icon (leftmost column) you get threaded order.

-Tuck

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)