* mail<->news gateway digest size change
@ 1999-11-11  0:00 Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1999-11-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Those of you who read comp.lang.ada via the mail<->news gateway on ada.eu.org
may have noticed that we have lots of digests every day. I have increased the
threshold from 30kB of messages to 50kB, to reduce the number of digests.

  Sam

PS/ for those interested, the URL for this gateway is

* Re: mail<->news gateway digest size change
@ 1999-11-17  0:00 ` Duncan Sands
From: Duncan Sands @ 1999-11-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

By the way, the old mailing list has been shutdown.  The following message
was sent to subscribers.  I asked if it would be possible to direct people who
try to subscribe to the old list to the new one, but it seems that there is some

difficulty with this.  (A pity, since there is, eg, a link from the Home of the
Brave Ada Programmers to the old list, which I guess won't change since
the HBAP seems to be somewhat moribund).

Duncan Sands.

PS:  I didn't set up the new list, Samuel Tardieu did.  Merci encore Samuel!

--Message sent to the old list follows--

The INFO-ADA list (INFO-ADA@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU) has been without an
owner for some time now.  The news gateway to comp.lang.ada has also been
broken.

   Duncan Sands has set up an alternative way to subscribe to the group
via e-mail as described in his note below and on the web site at
   http://ada.eu.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/comp.lang.ada

   At his suggestion I will close the list and plan to remove the list and
archives on or after November 16, 1999 local time.  We hope the list has
been helpful since we set up the local version in 1989.

   If you have any questions please let me know.  Marty