From: G <Dizzy@interact.net.au>
Subject: Re: ada in australia, to the mystery emailer
Date: 1999/11/16
Date: 1999-11-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> What sort of Comanche simulation are you working on ? Comanche is still in
> development. Lots of changes coming down.

> Andrew

Hey... well I am just doing a simple analysis.  I know the Comanche is still
under development.  I have been playing Novalogic's cool-o-rama Comanche PC
flight simulator for several years now.  This got me interested in looking at
the online (freely available) specifications for the RAH66.

I am sort of killing two birds with one stone because I am learning how to
construct
technical specifications with shockwave Flash - I am working on a presentation
for the RAH66.  So, this gives me a lot of time thinking about the various
systems and subsystems.  I am using this to learn how to weave together a
variety of elements into
a simple representation in a package or three which can be imported into a
simple simulation program.  As for the real aircraft, it has some 1.2 million
lines of code, about 83% of which is Ada - rivalling the F22 which has the odd
hundred thousand or more lines, if memory serves me.  So.. consider my
simulation as something less than that... by oh... three or four light-years
distance. :-)

I study philosophy and ontology (and then some), or have done, and these sorts
of mental gymnastics required in type casting, etc. are wonderful.

There is just so much damn technology in the rah66 that I may as well be
simulating a traffic helicopter for my own current ability - but the Comanche is
such a beautiful thing... so that keeps me inspired.  I am more interested in
the patterns of organisation required to simulate than simulation itself,
because I have a helluva lot to learn.

OK
:-)
-Graeme.