From: "Robert I. Eachus" <eachus@mitre.org>
Subject: Re: Idea for computer program. cellular related.
Date: 1999/11/10
Date: 1999-11-10T19:54:56+00:00	[thread overview]

Marin Condic wrote:

> Throw on top of it (as you said) the falling cost of cell time and its
> difficult to believe that such a system would be in business for long. We are
> rapidly approaching a point where a cell phone could replace the "regular"
> phone at an economical price. Add the fact that people *do* have substitutes
> (Call my cell phone and let me know who you are, then I go to a regular phone
> and call you back...) and you have to ask "How is it this is going to make
> money?

   But an idea that would make money is to have the same setup, but
check caller id on incoming calls, and use voice synthesis to inform you
if someone on the appropriate access list called.  That way you don't
have to give out your cell phone number, but if you expect the plumber
to call back, you can add him to the access list for a day or two.

--

                                        Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;