From: "Samuel T. Harris" <sam_harris@hso.link.com>
Subject: Re: MMAP in ADA?
Date: 1999/11/08
Date: 1999-11-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar wrote:

> In article <382356F2.4E6FA7C9@boeing.com>,
>   Robert Jordan <robert.l.jordan@boeing.com> wrote:
> > I just found that out.  Apex doesn't implement Annex E and
> > that's a shame since I'm tasked with using Apex only.
>
> Well you could always use Apex with GNAT :-)
>
> Actually as far as I know it is (surprisingly) the case that
> GNAT is still the only Ada 95 compilation system to implement
> the full Ada 95 language, and in particular, the only Ada 95
> compilation system to implement Annex E.
>
> That is why I indicated that this approach may not in practice
> be portable to other compilers.
>
> Robert Dewar
> Ada Core Technologies
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Yes, the Apex RCI (Remote Compilation Integrator) is
powerful enough at incorporating the idiosyncracies
of other compilers that the choice of development
compiler is orthogonal to the choice of target compiler(s).

With Apex, you can support as many target compilers as
needed with a single development environment. This frees
the development group to pick target compilers based on
target needs (performance, customer preference, etc.).

--
Samuel T. Harris, Principal Engineer
Raytheon, Scientific and Technical Systems