From: Bo Sanden <bsanden@acm.org>
Subject: Re: REaltime ADA
Date: 1999/11/06
Date: 1999-11-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

It depends a bit on what you mean. Some Ada features are intended for
real-time, embedded systems, including tasking and protected objects, which
provide interrupt handling among other things. You can find some material on

the use of Ada tasking in real-time applications on my web site,
www.pcisys.net/bsanden. One reference is to a paper in the Oct/Dec '98 issue

of IEEE Concurrency by Jeff Carter and myself called Practical use of Ada
95's concurrency features.

Another question is about Ada real-time performance. The features are
usually intended to run efficiently on a bare machine. Running on top of
something else, they may not provide acceptable real-time performance,
depending of course on what your performance requirements are.

Bo Sanden
Colorado Tech