From: William A Whitaker <whitaker@erols.com>
Subject: HELP - MAC compilation of an Ada program
Date: 1999/11/04
Date: 1999-11-05T03:55:58+00:00	[thread overview]

I have a Latin dictionary program written in Ada for the PC.  It is a
hobby for a long-retired natural philosopher.  The system has been
ported to a number of other (UNIX-like) machines/OS and compiles on a
number of different compilers.  The system is only about 15KLOC.  See:

http://www.erols.com/whitaker/words.htm

This is a DOS-like (command line, not GUI) program for portability
reasons.  I understand that there is a capability to port  such a
program to the MAC, such that it would run in the same manner.

I have no experience with the MAC.  I do not even know what the MAC
means anymore (68040?, Power MAC?, what OS), and if it makes a
difference.  In particular, I do not know if a program in that mode
would be acceptable to MAC users.

I would like to find someone who could advise me on this an/or do the
port.  This is a free distribution program, so I am not offerring a big
contract.  But I really would like to have this done (if
possible/reasonable) without my having to buy a MAC - or touch one in
any manner.

Please contact me directly, and pass on the plea to anyone you know who
might be interested.

Bill Whitaker