From: dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (David Weller)
Subject: Re: Need info on SUBSYSTEMS
Date: 18 Oct 1994 17:36:58 -0500
Date: 1994-10-18T17:36:58-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <CxvzI9.GsF@inmet.camb.inmet.com>,
Bob Duff <bobduff@dsd.camb.inmet.com> wrote:
>In article <sarge-1810941358560001@ohno.ppp.verdix.com>,
>Matthew C. Sargent <sarge@Rational.Com> wrote:
>>In article <37h9vc$lol@sol.sun.csd.unb.ca>, tom@firstclass.unb.ca (Tom
>>Reddon) wrote:
>>
>>> I having a hard time finding information on subsystems.
>
>>If by "subsystems" you mean Rational Subsystems - they are part of our
>>(Rational Software Corp's) approach to software engineering. ...
>
>We also use the term "subsystem" in Ada 9X to refer to a library unit,
>plus all of its child units and grandchild units and so on.

A bit of unfortunate overloading, but unavoidable, I suppose.  A
"Rational" Subsystem means something more (views, multiple versions
of packages/children), etc.  I agree, however, that it is reasonable
(more than reasonable) to call a hierarchy of packages (properly
organized) as a "subsystem".  Perhaps Rational will have to rename
their stuff :-)

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
   	      Ada -- Very Cool.  Doesn't Suck.               ||  father's Ada