From: Ulf Eliasson <uel@celsiustech.se>
Subject: Combinding Ada and Java?
Date: 1999/10/22
Date: 1999-10-22T13:54:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Helo
I'm a grade student making my thesis and would like some help.
Does anybody know how to use Java components (Swing) from an existing
Ada system? The aim is to embed the Java parts into the Ada executable
so that the Java methods can be accesed directly from Ada without having
to use socket communication (or equivalent). I have been trying to use
the evaluaton version of AdaJNI from Ainslie-software without succes so
far. AdaJNI is supposed to create Ada bindings to any Java class file.
Has anybody used this tool and know how to make it work, or if any
similar tool exists? My idea was to create the GUI for the application
with some Java GUI builder tool on WinNT, create the Ada bindings, move
code and class files to AIX and compile it with the existing Ada system.

I would be glad to receive any comments on Ada-Java integration!

/Ulf Eliasson