* Re: Apex 3.0.0b can't handle dynamic positional agregates?
       [not found] ` <7tt8h4$mis@newsserv.vs.dasa.de>
@ 1999-10-12  0:00   ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 1999-10-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Dr. Joachim Schr�er" <joachim.schroeer@vs.dasa.de> writes:

> To be serious: By sovereignly ignoring language standards, Rational seems to
> intentionally bring some C++ habits to the Ada world.

That's not fair.  In Ada 83, there *was* no standard way to do unsigned
integers, so it's not surprising that Rational invented one.  Now, of
course, they have to keep supporting it, for upward compatibility.

- Bob
--
Change robert to bob to get my real email address.  Sorry.

@ 1999-10-12  0:00   ` Samuel T. Harris
From: Samuel T. Harris @ 1999-10-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Dr. Joachim Schröer" wrote:

> Robert Jordan schrieb in Nachricht <37FE1232.EB0AD5EE@boeing.com>...
> >I try to compile a statement like
> >
> >stuff : stuff_type := (first, second, third, Others => Too_Many);
> >
> >But Apex 3.0.0.b comes back with an error:
> >
> >[MID] Unimplemented feature: dynamic positional aggregate with Others.
>
> Having unimplemented features in Ada95 is not too bad if you consider, that
> the Rational Ada83 compiler gives you some benifits of Ada95 e.g. modular
> types. If you look into the package spec. of system (system.1.ada)  in  the
> Ada83 model
>
>    lrm.ss/sun4_solaris2.ada83.3.0.0.rel
>
> you find some modular type declarations like
>
>     type Address is mod 2 ** 32;

This is not such a great thing when running ASIS on code
and traversing to a ground type which is one of these modulo's
and then getting an ASIS error that modulo types are not
an Ada 83 feature! Have to work around that one many times.
However, all in all, Apex is a great environment.

--
Samuel T. Harris, Principal Engineer
Raytheon, Scientific and Technical Systems

* Re: Apex 3.0.0b can't handle dynamic positional agregates?
       [not found] <37FE1232.EB0AD5EE@boeing.com>
       [not found] ` <7tt8h4$mis@newsserv.vs.dasa.de>
@ 1999-10-14  0:00 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 1999-10-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

which version of Apex 3.0.0b are you using? i'm using the version for
VxWorks and it is quite happy about this construct. perhaps time to call up
some support...

@ 1999-10-14  0:00 ` Wes Groleau
From: Wes Groleau @ 1999-10-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Send a report to support@rational.com

> Apex claims to be ADA95 compliant, so how can they have Unimplemented
> features which are not related to the annexes?

Is it mentioned on the validation report?