* I need InfoWorld of October 4, 1999 - will pay $
@ 1999-10-12  0:00 Albert Yale
From: Albert Yale @ 1999-10-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

i'm a computer science student, and one of my software (TST) has
been mentioned in the "Window Manager" column (last paragraph)
of the October 4, 1999 (Vol. 21, Issue 40) issue of InfoWorld
(http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayArchive.pl?/99/40/o02-40.60.htm).

so i'm looking for a print edition of this issue to add to my resume. :-)

if anybody out there could spare their copy, i'll gladly pay for shipping
+ handling + whatever the magazine cost you..

thanks,

- Albert Yale
http://ay.cjb.net/
http://ay.home.dhs.org/
http://www.er.uqam.ca/merlin/fg591543/

* Re: I need InfoWorld of October 4, 1999 - will pay $
@ 1999-10-12  0:00 ` Don Smart
From: Don Smart @ 1999-10-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can send it to you. Do you want the whole issue or just the column?

Let me know.

--
Don Smart
DIAMOND Software Engineer

* Re: I need InfoWorld of October 4, 1999 - will pay $
@ 1999-10-13  0:00 ` Brian McGuiness
From: Brian McGuiness @ 1999-10-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Albert Yale wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'm a computer science student, and one of my software (TST) has
> been mentioned in the "Window Manager" column (last paragraph)
> of the October 4, 1999 (Vol. 21, Issue 40) issue of InfoWorld
> (http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayArchive.pl?/99/40/o02-40.60.htm).
>
> so i'm looking for a print edition of this issue to add to my resume. :-)
>
> if anybody out there could spare their copy, i'll gladly pay for shipping
> + handling + whatever the magazine cost you..

Have you tried contacting the publisher to see if they do back copies?
Or did this issue sell out 'casue you were in it ;-)

cheers
--
Brian

filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler

* Re: I need InfoWorld of October 4, 1999 - will pay $
@ 1999-10-13  0:00 ` Mike Smith
       [not found]   ` <01bf1528$87c2f800$628867cf@zqy60>
From: Mike Smith @ 1999-10-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Albert Yale <ay@aci.qc.ca> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i'm a computer science student, and one of my software (TST) has
> been mentioned in the "Window Manager" column (last paragraph)
> of the October 4, 1999 (Vol. 21, Issue 40) issue of InfoWorld
> (http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayArchive.pl?/99/40/o02-40.60.htm).
>
> so i'm looking for a print edition of this issue to add to my resume. :-)

Why not just put the above URL in your resume?

--
Mike Smith

There are perhaps 5% of the population that simply *can't* think.
There are another 5% who *can*, and *do*.
The remaining 90% *can* think, but *don't*.
-- R. A. Heinlein

@ 1999-10-14  0:00     ` alizard
From: alizard @ 1999-10-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:25:21 GMT, "Dave Koster"
<bottleneckt@slonet.com> wrote:

>Mike Smith <kld_msmith@NOSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in article
><7u27h1$4r9$1@oak.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
>> Albert Yale <ay@aci.qc.ca> wrote in message
[snip]

>> > so i'm looking for a print edition of this issue to add to my resume.
>:-)
>>
>> Why not just put the above URL in your resume?

Here's one reason why not.

There's no guarantee that the article will still be at the URL
posted in the resume when an employer clicks it or enters the URL
off paper into her Web browser.

I've been bitten by this one already... the magazine stopped
running articles written before the current management took over.
Luckily, they had a copy of the online version and were willing
to send it to me. Copyright was not a question in this case since
as most authors do, I'd sold 'first serial rights' to the
article; in order to waive your personal rights for further use,
you have to do so explicitly in a "work for hire" context. It was
mine to post on my own site and that's what I just did with it.

That reminds me, I need to go back and grab the other ones...
though they are chiefly of historical interest at this point,
like how to articles on running DOS / -ix uuencoding software.

*** If your resume or other personal promotional literature has
references to URLs of your articles, get your own copies RIGHT
NOW... and put them on your site. (you needn't change the URL
pointers until and unless the articles disappear from the site...
it does look better if a potential client or employer can access
them live at the magazine, etc. site.

                                                A.Lizard
"Here's the most exasperating part: Ninety-five percent of the Y2k hoax
hysteria is planted by people who stand to gain, head-lined by
propagation-hungry publishers, and purveyed as truth by perpetuators of
rumour." Dave Eastabrook
"Anybody who still believes in the media must have been in a coma for
the past 30 years." - Robert Anton Wilson
Personal Web site http://www.ecis.com/~alizard
Y2Kinfo: http://www.ecis.com/~alizard/y2k.html
Littleton page:http://www.ecis.com/~alizard/littleto.html
backup address (if ALL else fails) alizard@[spam]onebox.com
PGP 6.5.1 key available by request,keyserver,or on my Web site