From: Jesper Quorning <jquorning@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Make with Ada 2019 : DogRobot
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 20:16:48 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2019-02-18T20:16:48-08:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 11:17:24 PM UTC+1, Rego, P. wrote:

> But also like your typing (source instead of src), in a more complex project I would probably use something like that, eg, linking the project root with svn:externals or git:externals property to include some folders for source-lib or source-util.

I beleive src is something from the past. Today with command completion and a lot of disc space source is better. I know til is not compliant with some styles.

> In this case, to segregate those folders with different projects I don't see many advantages, unless the projects are extended.

Maybe someone like to extend your project later on. Or reuse parts of it (core library or utility)

> > Add simple makefiles in the source directories which uses the main make file in the root
>
> Exchange the .sh builder in the root is also a good suggestion, but as gprbuild resolves all the dependencies in the build, why do you other makefiles from the other subfolders?

I use emacs and makefiles makes it easy for me to just M-x compile and then make / make build / make clean / make setup. Maybe there is a better way with gprbuild. I make the makefiles as simple as possible. I am not able to read complex makefiles anyway (as most others I believe)

        Jesper.