From: "Matthew Heaney" <matthew_heaney@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Linux and Opportunities for Ada
Date: 1999/08/20
Date: 1999-08-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7pihpo$v93$1@nnrp1.deja.com> , Robert Dewar
<robert_dewar@my-deja.com>  wrote:

> (GNAT is of course available and fully supported on x86/Linux, and we expect
> PPC/Linux to be fully supported in the future).

Awesome!!!  As a LinuxPPC user, it's been a royal pain trying to be an Ada
programmer too.  My homegrown port of GNAT is limping along (with lots of
help from the Ada for Linux team), but it will be a real treat to have to
same ease-of-use and -installation that the x86 guys have had for a while.

<http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/linux-ada/>

Great to hear ACT has taken an interest in Linux-for-PowerPC technology.
Thanks!

<http://www.linuxppc.com/>
<http://www.linuxppc.org/>

--
Matt

It is impossible to feel great confidence in a negative theory which has
always rested its main support on the weak points of its opponent.

Joseph Needham, "A Mechanistic Criticism of Vitalism"