From: Marin David Condic <condicma@bogon.pwfl.com>
Subject: Re: Engineering types hierarchy
Date: 1999/09/08
Date: 1999-09-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

David Kristola wrote:

> I am trying to put together a robust and easily usable
> hierarchy of types packages to support a collection of
> engineering units (kilograms, meters, seconds, etc.)
> in scalar, vector, and matrix forms.

This sounds like a very worth while project and I wanted to suggest that
you look into the Ada Standard Component Library Working Group
(http://www.suffix.com/Ada/SCL/) as both a source of
information/inspiration and as a place you may care to share your work.

Someone sent me some useful unit conversions you may want to consider
:-))

2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds
1/2 lavatory = 1 demijohn
2.71828 grams if a turd = 1 natural log
1000 grams of wet socks = 1 litre hossen
1 trillion grams of brown marijuana = 1 terracotta pot
2 wharves = 1 paradox

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis

Visit my web page at: http://www.mcondic.com/