From: Marin David Condic <condicma@bogon.pwfl.com>
Subject: Re: Idiots (was Re: Hi all. Novice question.)
Date: 1999/09/08
Date: 1999-09-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Mark Lundquist wrote:

> Matthew Heaney wrote:
>
> > Me too.  I also have an interest in the philosophy of science, especially
> > now because of those creationist pinheads in Kansas.
> >
> I'm not on the KSBE, but if all it takes is to be a non-believer in Evolutionism,
> then for the record I'm also a pinhead and an idiot.  But do I have to do anything
> signficant to be a true idiot, besides just declaring myself one?  I wouldn't want
> to be a mere titular idiot... :-)

In actuality, there is considerable scientific evidence that classic Darwinian theory
of gradual evolution cannot possibly be the explanation of life on this planet. But
that might be asking people to see past their Darwinian dogma and look at things like
fossile evidence with an open mind.

Be that as it may, what I mostly find objectionable here is an example of ad hominem
attack of the type that should be avoided - especially in a technical newsgroup where
we are completely off topic and the people involved aren't even present to defend
themselves. People can believe whatever they like, but we shouldn't ought to resort to
name calling.

Now back to programming in Ada?.....

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis

Visit my web page at: http://www.mcondic.com/