From: Mark Lundquist <mark@rational.com>
Subject: Idiots (was Re: Hi all. Novice question.)
Date: 1999/09/07
Date: 1999-09-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Matthew Heaney wrote:

<snip>

> Me too.  I also have an interest in the philosophy of science, especially
> now because of those creationist pinheads in Kansas.

> Actually, biology relates to programming too.  The study of evolution of
> natural systems (Darwinian theory) can be most helpful in understanding the
> evolution of artificial systems, especially large, complex software systems.
> Manny Lehman wrote a whole book on the subject.
>
> But the programmers who grow up in Kansas will never know this, because
> those idiots on the Kansas State Board of Education decided that Darwinian
> evolutionary theory doesn't need to be taught!

I'm not on the KSBE, but if all it takes is to be a non-believer in Evolutionism,
then for the record I'm also a pinhead and an idiot.  But do I have to do anything
signficant to be a true idiot, besides just declaring myself one?  I wouldn't want
to be a mere titular idiot... :-)

Did I mention that I'm also a card-carrying Doofus?  As I type this I'm wearing my
official cone-shaped hat... :-)

-- Mark