* would REALLY appreciate some help with this QUESTION
@ 1999-09-02  0:00 irons
From: irons @ 1999-09-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a quick question about a compiler (objectada 7.1) ...i wrote a
package with a body, and spcification to use in a program ..when i try
to run the program i get a warning that states: "you must specify a
main unit in project setting build tab" ...that's where i get stuck and
end up having no clue what to do to run my program

any input would be Greatly appreciated

Adnan

My e-mail: okdeh@zebra.net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Re: would REALLY appreciate some help with this QUESTION
@ 1999-09-02  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1999-09-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: irons

irons@my-deja.com wrote:

> I have a quick question about a compiler (objectada 7.1) ...i wrote a
> package with a body, and spcification to use in a program ..when i try
> to run the program i get a warning that states: "you must specify a
> main unit in project setting build tab" ...that's where i get stuck and
> end up having no clue what to do to run my program

In general, you need to write a stand-alone, parameterless procedure
as the place where execution will start in an Ada program.  In some
special situations, a program without such a "main unit" could be
useful (e.g. as a "dynamic linked library" = DLL), but for your
purposes, I recommend you always create a parameterless "main" procedure.
It can be very simple, containing just a single call on a function
or procedure in your package.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)