From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: ada < - > java bindings wanted
Date: 1999/08/12
Date: 1999-08-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Tucker Taft wrote:

> I suggest you check with http://www.ainslie-software.com.  They have
> a very nice tool called AdaJNI which I believe will give you
> the ability to call Ada from Java, and perhaps vice-versa.

Oops, I had it backwards.  AdaJNI allows you to call Java from
Ada95.  "Normal" JNI (Java Native Interface) allows you to call
compiled code from Java.  All you need to do is make sure to
pragma Export(C, Your_Ada_Routine, "external_name") which will ensure
that Your_Ada_Routine is visible with the given external_name
and follows normal "C" calling conventions.  You may have to convert
your Ada code into a shared-library/DLL, and load the DLL from the
Java code.  The documentation on JNI and AdaJNI should cover this.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)