From: William Dale <william.dale.jr@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Linux and Opportunities for Ada
Date: 1999/08/12
Date: 1999-08-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Richard D Riehle wrote:

> This is Linux World week in Silicon Valley.  Red Hat has announced
> an IPO. Major software publishers are developing products
> that include applications, middleware, and utilities.  So far,
> Ada is not well represented at Linux World.  No Ada-specific
> software companies this week.  Did I miss someone?

[snip]

The only place I saw Ada discussed was at the Zentropix booth.
[ http://www.zentropicx.com/ ]   They have a Ada aware gdb tool as well
as other items.  But their claim to fame is the Real-Time Linux kernel.
I was told that they are working with ACT on integrating the real-time
kernel with Ada tasks and that to look for it mid-2000.

Of course if someone wants to throw them ( and ACT) some $$$ it might
happen sooner.

--

"The difference between hardware and software is that the more you play
with hardware, the more likely you are to break it, but the more you

Bill Dale
LMMS
mailto:william.dale.jr@lmco.com
mailto:N2RHV@amsat.org