* Re: S: Ada Rationale, PostScript version
@ 1999-08-09  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1999-08-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: marcoschmidt

Marco Schmidt wrote:

> I'm looking for a PostScript version of the Ada Rationale to print it
> out. I followed the instructions on
> http://www.adahome.com/LRM/95/Rationale/Postscript/ to modify the
> files but couldn't view them with a modern version of GhostView (the
> PS files seem to be from 1995) on Linux or NT. I sent a mail to the
> maintainer on that website, but he didn't answer and I'd like to have
> it as soon as possible. Does anyone have a working copy mirrored?

The adahome site is a mirror.  The "original" site is:

    http://www.adaic.org/standards/ada95.html

This provides access to a number of Ada 95-related standards.  If you
know you want a "zip" of the postscript of the rationale, you can
go directly to:

   http://www.adaic.org/standards/95rat/RATzip/ps/rat_all.ps.zip

> Is this Rationale available in A4 format? Not important, but more
> convenient ;-)

There is a version of the Reference Manual in A4 format, but not one
for the Rational, as far as I know.  Springer-Verlag sells a hard-copy
of the Ada 95 Rationale, if you want to have a nicely-bound version.

Note that the Rationale was produced using Microsoft Word, and the
Postscript it generates sometimes gives other tools hiccoughs (no big
surprise about that, I suppose).

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)

* Re: S: Ada Rationale, PostScript version
@ 1999-08-09  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-08-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <37af0d65.18023816@news.rwth-aachen.de>, marcoschmidt@geocities.com (Marco Schmidt) writes:
> I'm looking for a PostScript version of the Ada Rationale to print it
> out. I followed the instructions on
> http://www.adahome.com/LRM/95/Rationale/Postscript/ to modify the
> files but couldn't view them with a modern version of GhostView (the
> PS files seem to be from 1995) on Linux or NT. I sent a mail to the
> maintainer on that website, but he didn't answer and I'd like to have
> it as soon as possible. Does anyone have a working copy mirrored?

You have two different standards for what constitutes Postscript --
the Document and a program called GhostView.  Is there any reason to
believe that a Postscript printer would side with GhostView rather
than the Document ?

Larry Kilgallen

* S: Ada Rationale, PostScript version
@ 1999-08-09  0:00 Marco Schmidt