* RAPID 2.0
@ 1999-07-25  0:00 Benjamin Story
From: Benjamin Story @ 1999-07-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone been able to successfully compile RAPID 2.0 under Linux using
GNAT 3.11?  I'd like to use it without booting to Windows, but I can't
seem to get it to compile.

Ben

* Re: RAPID 2.0
@ 1999-07-26  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-07-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Benjamin Story wrote in message <379BD839.133EBC4F@bullets.net>...
>Has anyone been able to successfully compile RAPID 2.0 under Linux using
>GNAT 3.11?  I'd like to use it without booting to Windows, but I can't
>seem to get it to compile.

I have not build this version of RAPID on a UNIX box, and I am too
busy to spend much time on it now.  But.. it looks like what you'll
need to do is to extract the GNAT switch information from these four
files:
rapid-2.0/tcl_peer/gnat.ago
rapid-2.0/tcl_peer/test/gnat.ago
rapid-2.0/rapid/gnat.ago
rapid-2.0/mcc_gui/gnat.ago

and incorporate them into either emacs ada-mode project files
(which would be my choice) and/or into Makefiles, or into
environment variables in your shell startup script, or the equivalent.

I assume you already have the requisite TASH and Tcl/Tk installations.

* Re: RAPID 2.0
@ 1999-07-26  0:00   ` Martin C. Carlisle
From: Martin C. Carlisle @ 1999-07-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You should need only to do gnatmake rapid from the rapid folder with
the switches from rapid-2.0\rapid\gnat.ago (modified to fit your directory
structure).

Also, I expect that you may be missing GNAT.Directory_Operations.  If so,
you can simply comment out the if statement from rapid.adb (which allows
command-line arguments) and the "with Mcc.Directory_Operations"

If you encounter other compilation problems, please report them to
carlislem@acm.org

--Martin

--
Martin C. Carlisle, Asst Prof of Computer Science, US Air Force Academy
carlislem@acm.org, http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html

* Re: RAPID 2.0
@ 1999-07-26  0:00     ` Benjamin Story
From: Benjamin Story @ 1999-07-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

That did the trick.  The only thing I needed to do in addition to Mr.
Carlisle's directions was to rename all of the files to all lower case names
since gnat is case sensitive in Linux.  I also had to translate the gnat.ago
includes to the linux locations.