From: Pascal MALAISE <malaise@magic.fr>
Subject: Re: Any have GNAT running on linux
Date: 1999/07/18
Date: 1999-07-18T08:59:16+00:00	[thread overview]

Richard Wallace wrote:

> I'm running into a few problems installing GNAT on Red Hat 6.0.  I
> downloaded gnat-3.11p-i686-pc-linux-gnu-bin.tar.gz

Me too, but not the same problems.
which option of doconfig did you choose?

Running the doconfig with option 2 (Install GCC C compiler and GNAT
files in the standard  GCC locations)  works correctly... it installs
gcc version 2.8.1 instead of/beside the egcs provided by red hat.
Gnat compiler runs OK (gcc, gnatmake...) but the executables it produces
core in some _IO_sebuf...
A glance at dejanews shows that I'm not alone in this case: the
glibc-2.1.1 is not compatible enough with the glibc-2.0 gnat 3.11p was
build with.
Some people report they successfully downgraded their glibc to 2.0!!!

My question is: did anyone try to install gnat 3.11p from the sources on
top of glibc-2.1.1?
Anyone aware of a gnat runtime library already compiled with this glibc?
Thank's

--
Pascal MALAISE
(priv) mailto:malaise@magic.fr