From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Variant vs. Tagged Type
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:50:39 GMT
Date: 2003-11-05T14:50:39+00:00	[thread overview]

"Frank Piron" <nospam@konad.net> wrote in message
news:oprx5zpwdbz12uz9@news.onlinehome.de...
> Hi,
> is it possible to make some general statements
> concerning the alternative variant vs. tagged
> type with respect to runtime performance?

Only for a specific Ada compiler.
Actual implementation of any feature within different compilers may differ
radically.  The only way to compare performance is through testing with a
specific compiler.  In certain cases you may find order-of-magnitude
differences in performance between implementations.

Steve
(The Duck)