* Why no Ada at Embedded Systems Conference?
@ 1999-07-13  0:00 Mike Silva
From: Mike Silva @ 1999-07-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was just looking through the ESC program and couldn't find any Ada classes
or presentations.  I did see a few vendors I recognized.  It strikes me as a
Very Bad Thing that Ada is invisible here.  Comments?

Mike

* Re: Why no Ada at Embedded Systems Conference?
@ 1999-07-13  0:00 ` James S. Rogers
From: James S. Rogers @ 1999-07-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Silva wrote in message <7mg2n9$kbd$1@its.hooked.net>...
>I was just looking through the ESC program and couldn't find any Ada
classes
>or presentations.  I did see a few vendors I recognized.  It strikes me as
>Very Bad Thing that Ada is invisible here.  Comments?

Last year's ESC had one Ada presentation. The presentation was the very
last presentation of the conference. Most people had left before the talk
even began. The talk was attended by about 15 people.

I recommended more Ada presentations on my comment card. It is clear that
my opinion means nothing to the ESC organizers.

By the way, the presentation was a very interesting talk on the Ravenscar
profile. (Using Ada 95 in high reliability real time systems). I believe the
text of the presentation is available at the Aonix web site.

http://www.aonix.com

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado

* Re: Why no Ada at Embedded Systems Conference?
@ 1999-07-14  0:00 Jerry Petrey
From: Jerry Petrey @ 1999-07-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Silva wrote:

> I was just looking through the ESC program and couldn't find any Ada classes
> or presentations.  I did see a few vendors I recognized.  It strikes me as a
> Very Bad Thing that Ada is invisible here.  Comments?
>
> Mike

It is sad.  A few years ago, after Embedded Systems Programming magazine
published an Ada article of mine, I talked to the editor about some
additional
articles.  He said he could do one once in a while but since most of
his readers and advertizers were C people, he couldn't publish too
much on Ada (or Forth - another article I previously had in there)
because it would offend his audience.  A shame indeed!

Jerry
=  Jerry Petrey - Consultant Software Engineer  - Member Team Ada   =
=                 Lockheed Martin                 Member Team Forth =

* Re: Why no Ada at Embedded Systems Conference?
@ 1999-07-14  0:00 ` Jerry Petrey
From: Jerry Petrey @ 1999-07-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Jerry Petrey @ 1999-07-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)