From: Richard Wallace <almric@home.com>
Subject: Any have GNAT running on linux
Date: 1999/07/13
Date: 1999-07-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm running into a few problems installing GNAT on Red Hat 6.0.  I
downloaded gnat-3.11p-i686-pc-linux-gnu-bin.tar.gz
ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/.  I uncompressed the file and ran the
doconfig and doinstall scripts and made sure that /usr/bin was in my
path.  The first error I got was that 'cpp' file wasn't found or did not
exist.  After looking in the uncompressed directory I noticed that that
was where cpp so I added the unzipped directory to my .bash_profile.
That error went away but now I'm getting the error
"cannot open crtbegin.o: No such file or directory".  I again looked in
the uncompressed directory and it was there but apparently isn't being
found.  I tried setting a few path varibles as they are on my school
Unix account, but had no luck.  If anyone has GNAT running on linux(or
just has a suggestion) I would appreciate the help.  Thanks.

Richard