From: cis.ohio-state.edu!magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu!paperboy.micro.umn.edu!cs.um n.edu!uc.msc.edu!shamash!case@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Steven V. Case)
Subject: Is this valid Ada?
Date: 8 Nov 91 05:14:47 GMT	[thread overview]

The following code fragment compiles on two of the Ada compilers that I am
presently using.  However, on two other compilers that I am using it won't
compile.  The later two compilers provide an error message indicating that
the call to Is_This_Ambiguous is an ambiguous statement and references
paragraph 8.7 of the LRM.

I have read paragraph 8.7 several times and cannot find anything that leads
me to believe that this code fragment is not legal.  Consequently, I don't
know which pair of compilers has a bug.  If the code is legal, then the
compilers issuing the error message have a bug.  If the code is illegal,
then the compilers not issuing the error message have a bug.

Anyone care to offer an opinion?

PACKAGE Ambiguous_Type IS

  TYPE Is_This_Ambiguous IS NEW Integer;

END Ambiguous_Type;

WITH Ambiguous_Type; USE Ambiguous_Type;

PROCEDURE Test IS

  PROCEDURE Is_This_Ambiguous IS
  BEGIN
    NULL;
  END Is_This_Ambiguous;

BEGIN

  Is_This_Ambiguous;

END Test;

  ____  ____        Steve Case - HQG526           email: case@shamash.cdc.com
 / ___||___ \       Control Data Corporation      AT&T : (612) 853-3345
 \____||____/       Bloomington, MN 55425