* Ada und C++ .... installation
@ 1999-06-25  0:00 Axel Schmitz-Tewes
From: Axel Schmitz-Tewes @ 1999-06-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Beginning for the second time with Ada I don't want to give up C++.
But this is a tricky situation. If I install gnat-3.11p-nt.exe on a NT4
system
my gnuwin installation becomes corrupt.
Has anyone perhaps succeeded in installing egcs1.1.2 and gnat-3.11p.nt
simultanously on a NT machine? and if so, is he so kind to inform me
what to do in this situation?

regards,

Axel

* SV: Ada und C++ .... installation
@ 1999-06-26  0:00 ` Sune Falck
From: Sune Falck @ 1999-06-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The gnat and the egcs installation is using the same registry variable
to locate the installation path.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Free Software Foundation]
"MINGW32"="@GCC"
"GNAT"="@GCC"
"BINUTILS"="@GCC"
"GDBTK_LIBRARY"="C:\\DEV\\GNAT-3.11P\\GDBTCL"
"GCC"="C:\\DEV\\GNAT-3.11P"

Use regedit to change the value of GCC to the installation path
for egcs and switch back when you want to use gnat.

One simple way of doing this is to export the registry settings
for LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Free Software Foundation to
a file with regedit, create a second file with the settings for
the other compiler and then just click on the correct reg-file
to select compiler settings.

One could also create a small utility program to do this.

Sune Falck

* Re: SV: Ada und C++ .... installation
@ 1999-06-27  0:00   ` Axel Schmitz-Tewes
From: Axel Schmitz-Tewes @ 1999-06-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sune Falck schrieb:

> The gnat and the egcs installation is using the same registry variable
> to locate the installation path.
>
> REGEDIT4
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Free Software Foundation]
> "MINGW32"="@GCC"
> "GNAT"="@GCC"
> "BINUTILS"="@GCC"
> "GDBTK_LIBRARY"="C:\\DEV\\GNAT-3.11P\\GDBTCL"
> "GCC"="C:\\DEV\\GNAT-3.11P"
>
> Use regedit to change the value of GCC to the installation path
> for egcs and switch back when you want to use gnat.
>
> One simple way of doing this is to export the registry settings
> for LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Free Software Foundation to
> a file with regedit, create a second file with the settings for
> the other compiler and then just click on the correct reg-file
> to select compiler settings.
>
> One could also create a small utility program to do this.

That is the solution! :-). I have writen two two-line vbs scripts
ada2cpp.vbsand cpp2ada.vbs which do the necessary correction in the
registry.

Many thanks for your answer.
regards,

Axel