* Re: ADA & JAVA.How to communicate?
@ 1999-06-25  0:00 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1999-06-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>-Is it possible to implement sockets in ADA(which version)?
Sure.  Claw (among others) does it in Ada 95 for at least
Apex, Gnat, Janus, and ObjectAda under MS Windows.
Take a look at www.adapower.com for links.

* Re: ADA & JAVA.How to communicate?
@ 1999-06-25  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1999-06-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

romain fortunato wrote:

> HI all.
>
> we have the following problem:
>
> -on one part we have a simulation program written in ADA83.
> -on the other part a JAVA interface distributed on www.
>
> ANd we want to make the two communicate quickly.
>
> Communication through pipes is impossible due to java.
>
> so:
>
> -Is it possible to implement sockets in ADA(which version)?

Yes, it is certainly possible to use sockets from Ada.
Just use pragma Interface/Import to the appropriate system call.

> -does anybody knows how to specify a java native method to be written in
> ADA?

Java native methods are implemented using shared libraries/DLLs.
If you can call Ada from C, then you can call Ada from Java.  Just
make your Ada code have the interface expected of a C routine
implementing the Java Native Interface.

You might try contacting Ainslie Software.  They have a very
nice binding tool for Ada 95.  They might be able to give you
more information on how to create a Java-callable Ada 83 routine,
based on their experience creating AdaJNI.  Their web site is:

   http://www.ainslie-software.com

The relevant e-mail address is probably:

   mailto:info@ainslie-software.com

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)