* Help building p2ada
@ 2012-12-22 23:04 Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-12-22 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to translate from pascal to ada.

I want to use p2ada. The latest release is aug 2010, doesn't seem that old...

It's here:
http://p2ada.sourceforge.net/

Here is the relevant build instruction:

" " "
How to make P2Ada translator work ?
===================================

You need an Ada compiler to build P2Ada (and also BP2P).

* With GNAT from command line, type "gnatmake p2ada", "compile"
  (DOS/Windows batch file), or use the makefile.
  If you have a case-sensitive file system, you have to unzip newp2ada.zip
  with the lowercase option (unzip -LL newp2ada.zip).
  aflex and ayacc must have been made (see below) and copy or link them here.
  Files (especially pascal.l, pascal.y, alias.txt and nptest?.pas)
  must have UNIX (LF) end of line on UNIX platform,
  transform them with tr_dos2unix utility if not done with unzip option -aa.
  Here are commands to unpack and build on UNIX:
$ cd <download directory>
$ mkdir newp2ada
$ cd newp2ada
$ unzip -aaLL ../newp2ada.zip
$ cd newp2ada
$ mkdir acu
# Modify p2ada options to produce Unix end of file
$ vi p2ada_options.ads
/DOS<ret>
cwUnix<esc>
ZZ
$ make
$ make test.ada

* With GNAT and AdaGIDE, open p2ada.adb and press F3.

* With ObjectAda, open p2ada.prj and press F7, or try "adamake p2ada.adb".

" " "

The options file defaults are fine for me.

If I type make I get:
No rule to make target `aflex', needed by `pascal_dfa.adb'

I am using debian stable.

Any hints on what I might be doing wrong ?

Thanks for reading-Patrick

* Re: Help building p2ada
@ 2012-12-22 23:16 ` Gustaf Thorslund
From: Gustaf Thorslund @ 2012-12-22 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick,

On 2012-12-23 00:04 +1:00, Patrick wrote:
> If I type make I get:
> No rule to make target `aflex', needed by `pascal_dfa.adb'

Searching for aflex I found:

   http://www.ics.uci.edu/~self/

So you would need to get it working first.

Regards,
Gustaf
--
http://gustaf.thorslund.org

* Re: Help building p2ada
@ 2012-12-23  2:33   ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-12-23  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gustaf

Thanks for answering my post. The dependency you found for me is from 1990, I think I am just going to learn pascal and translate manually.

Thanks for taking the time to post though, I really appreciate it-Patrick

* Re: Help building p2ada
@ 2012-12-23  8:40 ` Brian Drummond
From: Brian Drummond @ 2012-12-23  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 15:04:18 -0800, Patrick wrote:

> I would like to translate from pascal to ada.
> If I type make I get:
> No rule to make target `aflex', needed by `pascal_dfa.adb'
>
> I am using debian stable.

With Debian, try

apt-get install aflex

and carry on...

- Brian

* Re: Help building p2ada
@ 2012-12-23  9:55 ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2012-12-23  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
Ayacc and Aflex are included with P2ada - at least on the repository.
They are in the aflex and ayacc directories.
From there you can do "gnatmake aflex" and "gnatmake ayacc".
HTH
_________________________
Gautier's Ada programming
http://gautiersblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Ada
NB: follow the above link for a valid e-mail address

* Re: Help building p2ada
@ 2012-12-23 13:45   ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-12-23 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Brian

Actually it was not in the repositories but thanks

Thanks Gautier

It built fine now. I will make a top level makefile and offer it to the maintainer

Merry Christmas to you and to the other list members celebrating it-Patrick