* Runge-Kutta in Ada
@ 1999-06-17  0:00 Frank Oppenheimer
From: Frank Oppenheimer @ 1999-06-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

For modelling a continous physical system I am searching for a numeric package
including the Runge-Kutta method to solve differential equations. Since the
equations are oft second order it would be great to find a package that is
flexible enough to handle a vector of functions.

* Re: Runge-Kutta in Ada
@ 1999-06-17  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1999-06-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Oppenheimer

> For modelling a continous physical system I am searching for a numeric package
> including the Runge-Kutta method to solve differential equations. Since the
> equations are oft second order it would be great to find a package that is
> flexible enough to handle a vector of functions.

There is a vectorial RK implementation in my math packages / programs
URL http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm

arenstor.adb in:
  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/logiciel/mathprog.zip

uses packages from:
  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/logiciel/mathpaqs.zip

Methods implemented

  type t_meth is
    (Euler1, Runge_Kutta_class4, Runge_Kutta_3_8_4,
     Butcher6, DoPriF7, DoPriF8,
     DoPriV8 );  -- V: variable step size (F: fixed)

As you see there is even the Dormand-Prince 13 stages
variable step method...

--
Gautier

--------