From: Henry Rosenbrock <rosenbr@voyager.net>
Subject: GNAT/Ada Traceback Information?
Date: 1999/06/06
Date: 1999-06-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I was looking for an Ada standard way of recording the traceback
information for exceptions. With our current Ada83 compiler(VADS) we had
to write assembly code to manually trace back the stack within the
exception handlers. When I started to investigate GNAT and Ada95, I
noticed that the information was said to be stored in the
Ada.Exceptions.Exception_Occurence. The type was private, but that can
be easily fixed. The problem is that no traceback information is ever
stored into the structure. Does anybody know if this structure was
created for future enhancements or if it us only active for certain
targets? Our final target is a PowerPC, but I am current doing the
research on a Linux i686 box.

Henry Rosenbrock Jr.
Senior Software Engineer
Smiths Industries Aerospace