From: "Nick Roberts" <nickroberts@callnetuk.com>
Subject: Re: global rendezvou's
Date: 1999/06/05
Date: 1999-06-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

And if anyone is wondering why Ada is designed this way, it is (someone
correct me if I'm wrong) to do with implementation: the Ada rendezvous
mechanism (wherein the recipient is always specified by the sender) makes
for a particularly simple implementation, not requiring any chunks of memory
to be allocated for queue space (queues of waiting callers are simply
implemented by a having a 'waiting-link-through' pointer in each task's
descriptor).

Nick Roberts
http://www.adapower.com/lab/adaos