* Re: AdaIC closed
       [not found] <3754bbbe.13761244@news.geccs.gecm.com>
@ 1999-06-01  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-06-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian Orpin <abuse@borpin.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3754bbbe.13761244@news.geccs.gecm.com...
> I knew that the Ada Information Clearing house was closed but I was
> looking for the paper on comparison of C and Ada and was amazed at how
> many things that should be up to date still pointed to it.
>
> I have sent an email to the maintainer of the FAQ but as this hasn't been
> updated since Dec 97 I thought a belt and braces approach was required.
> I also found a reference to AdaIC on the home page of Ada UK.

Are you referring to the site http://www.adaic.org/ ?

I just checked it -- it's up and well.

@ 1999-06-01  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1999-06-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Orpin

Brian Orpin wrote:

> I knew that the Ada Information Clearing house was closed but I was
> looking for the paper on comparison of C and Ada and was amazed at how
> many things that should be up to date still pointed to it.

Actually, the Ada Information Clearinghouse is alive and well
and living at:

   http://www.adaic.org/

> I have sent an email to the maintainer of the FAQ but as this hasn't been
> updated since Dec 97 I thought a belt and braces approach was required.
> I also found a reference to AdaIC on the home page of Ada UK.

The Ada IC used to be on sw-eng.falls-church.va.us.  That is
now an obsolete address.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)