From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Announcement: OpenToken 1.1 released
Date: 1999/05/20
Date: 1999-05-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

David Botton wrote:

> I added a link to your project on the Ada Lab at:
>
> http://www.adapower.com/lab

Cool. Thanks.

> You may consider creating a collaboration page in the lab if you get
> other people involved in expanding your project.

Right now I really need the flexibility of being able to upload changes to the
website at the push of a button. For example, I've already received reports of
extraneous stuff in the tar.gz and typos in the user manual. Both have already
been fixed and uploaded to the website. When things settle down a little, and
I get a little better at this, I probably will want the whole project moved to
an independent site like AdaPower.

Personally I think its a great thing you are doing; giving small projects a
place to call home that has some presence. One of my concerns as a user of a
small Open Source project like OpenToken would be the possible sudden
dissapearance of the whole project when its current maintainer has his account
removed from his ISP for whatever reason. A site hosted on a user web page
would be much more likely to have that happen. So a spot on AdaPower I think
would lend a bit more legitimacy to a project.

--
T.E.D.

Home - mailto:dennison@telepath.net  Work - mailto:dennison@ssd.fsi.com
WWW  - http://www.telepath.com/dennison/Ted/TED.html  ICQ  - 10545591