From: Gautier <Gautier.deMontmollin@Maths.UniNe.CH>
To: Jason LaPenta <lapenta@orca.ds.boeing.com>
Subject: Re: Calling Ada proceedures from a C program
Date: 1999/05/20
Date: 1999-05-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> The originol proc. is test (w/out the two underscores). I haven't been
> able to find any examples of doing this sort of thing, so if you know of
> any on the web or otherwise it would help to point me in the right
> direction.

This is surely because the natural mixing is the reverse:
interfacing C / assembler from Ada.

Some reasons, roughly:

- there are interfacing facilities in Ada language for C/C++, Fortran,...
- Ada has modularity, so an Ada package has a richer information
  than that you find in an .o file produced by assembler/C/C++ or any other
  macro-assembler;
- there are initialisation sequences in an Ada package;
- there are exceptions that should be able to be cascaded until the main procedure;
- you can choose the main procedure without calling it "main"

The thing you are trying to do is like interfacing C code into
a main program in assembler...

Hoping it helps...

--
Gautier