* Question janus Ada for SCO
@ 1999-05-08  0:00 ½Åµ¿¿í
From: ½Åµ¿¿í @ 1999-05-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I programming with  janus Ada for SCO.
I have problem. But i don't have solution.
Please send me answer that how to solve problem ASAP.

(1) Error Message
"Storage-Error" or "Segmentation fault"

When creaet object by new method , available Heap memory is down.
We check memory(use System.Util.Memavail).
If it's to arrive 4.3MByte then happen to error message.
(not Delete(release) object for test)

  -----------------------------
  Create Object(by new method)
  -----------------------------

              |  Available memory to down

  -----------------------------
  Create Object(by new method)
  -----------------------------

              |  Available memory to down

  Error Messaage (Available memory = 4.3 MByte)

(2) question
1. Is it possible to increase heap size(storage size) with complier or
link option ?
2. Is it possible to slove problem with c language.
3. Do you have other solution.

Thank you.

* Re: Question janus Ada for SCO
@ 1999-05-10  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-05-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible the heap is highly fragmented and you are trying to
allocate a single block that is too large?

* Re: Question janus Ada for SCO
@ 1999-05-10  0:00 ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1999-05-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <37339194.B0E294CC@www.threei.co.kr>,
  =?iso-8859-1?Q?=BD=C5=B5=BF=BF=ED?= <dushin@www.threei.co.kr> wrote:
> I programming with  janus Ada for SCO.
> I have problem. But i don't have solution.
> Please send me answer that how to solve problem ASAP.
>
> (1) Error Message
> "Storage-Error" or "Segmentation fault"
>
> When creaet object by new method , available Heap memory is down.
> We check memory(use System.Util.Memavail).
> If it's to arrive 4.3MByte then happen to error message.
> (not Delete(release) object for test)

I really don't understand what you are trying to say here, other than
that you are getting a Storage_Error and don't know why.

What exactly is the significance of 4.3M? Are you saying that you have
4.3M free (how you know that I have no idea), or that you have allocated
4.3M of data when it happens?

Does the error happen in a task?

--
T.E.D.