From: Marin David Condic <condicma@bogon.pwfl.com>
Subject: Re: Salary Survey Information For Embedded, Realtime Programmers
Date: 1999/05/04
Date: 1999-05-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Michael Barr wrote:
> EETimes (http://www.eetimes.com) annually compiles such data.  They
> do a breakdown by job classification (which gives info about embedded
> software engineers), but the rest of their breakdowns (by region, age,
> years of experience, etc.) are across all job classifications.  So you
> get the hardware designers and non-embedded programmers included there.

Thanks. We've looked over the EETimes survey before. It lacks some of
the granularity we'd like. But it is, as you say, better than nothing.
The problem we have is wanting to filter out the hardware design
positions, etc. and look at just software. Everybody says "Software is
booming" but its hard to tell from such lumped together data.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis

Visit my web page at: http://www.flipag.net/mcondic