From: Michael Barr <mbarr@netrino.com>
Subject: Re: Salary Survey Information For Embedded, Realtime Programmers
Date: 1999/05/04
Date: 1999-05-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Marin David Condic wrote:

> I hope someone out here can give me a hand finding some salary survey
> data. We need to find an up to date survey which shows salary ranges for
> embedded system software engineers. Data that included a breakdown by
> regions of the country and possibly by programming language would be
> very helpful. If you know of such a survey and can point me at a URL or
> some other resource, I would greatly appreciate it. Please e-mail me
> directly at condicma <atsign> pwfl <dot> com

EETimes (http://www.eetimes.com) annually compiles such data.  They
do a breakdown by job classification (which gives info about embedded
software engineers), but the rest of their breakdowns (by region, age,
years of experience, etc.) are across all job classifications.  So you
get the hardware designers and non-embedded programmers included there.

Hope this helps.  It's certainly better than nothing.

Cheers,
        Michael Barr