* Simple question (I hope)
@ 1999-05-03  0:00 L Strong01
From: L Strong01 @ 1999-05-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ada newbie here.....How could I execute another program or DOS command from
within an Ada program?

Thanks.

LStrong01  -  Larry

Error: Keyboard not attached.  Press F1 to continue.

Web:  http://users.aol.com/lstrong01

* Re: Simple question (I hope)
@ 1999-05-04  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-05-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>How could I execute another program or DOS command from
>within an Ada program?
That's not defined by the language standard (it makes no sense in many
systems) but your compiler ought to provide library routines to do it.

* Re: Simple question (I hope)
@ 1999-05-04  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1999-05-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: L Strong01

> Ada newbie here.....How could I execute another program or DOS command from
> within an Ada program?

Compiler / system dependant. Under GNAT, with GNAT.OS_lib IIRC.

Implemented in DOS package, PC_PAQS.ZIP, http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm
see EXEC & EXEC_COMMAND procedures.

--
Gautier