* Looking for ALSYS ADA support
@ 1999-04-16  0:00 Charles Hill
From: Charles Hill @ 1999-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Anyone know where I can contact (email) ALSYS ADA support. I believe
they have been bought out by Thomson-CSF but I am battling to get info.

* Re: Looking for ALSYS ADA support
@ 1999-04-16  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
       [not found]   ` <01be95c5$c72c2e90$3503af88@alesia>
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Charles Hill <chill@grinaker.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know where I can contact (email) ALSYS ADA support. I believe
> they have been bought out by Thomson-CSF but I am battling to get info.

The successor to Alsys is Aonix -- www.aonix.com

To answer your other post, Aonix has a product called Object Ada, which runs
under
Windows NT.  However, if you do not need Alsys-specific libraries or
features,
you might want to consider the freely-available Open Source GNAT compiler
available at ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/winnt.  Support for this compiler
is available from Ada Core Technologies -- www.gnat.com

@ 1999-05-04  0:00     ` John English
       [not found]       ` <01be9aec$fd239700$2428b6c7@alesia>
From: John English @ 1999-05-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Vincent P. Amiot" wrote:
> try 00-1-619-457 2700, the 1-800-97-Aonix won't do you any good if 'za' is
> what I think (Zambia). or adasup@sd.aonix.com

Close -- "za" is South Africa ("zm" is Zambia).

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk

@ 1999-05-17  0:00         ` John English
From: John English @ 1999-05-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

xxx wrote:
> John English <je@bton.ac.uk> wrote in article <372EC7DA.B544125C@bton.ac.uk>...
> > "Vincent P. Amiot" wrote:
> > > try 00-1-619-457 2700, the 1-800-97-Aonix won't do you any good if 'za' is
> > > what I think (Zambia). or adasup@sd.aonix.com
> >
> > Close -- "za" is South Africa ("zm" is Zambia).
> Zuid Afrika (or something)?

The Afrikaans is "Suid Afrika"; I always assumed the "za" came from
"Azania" (what the ANC wanted to change the name to, once upon a
time).

Anyone out there who can shed any light on this fascinating but
completely off-topic subject? :-)