  • * Re: Is system part of standard?
           [not found] <37295ff2.2075172@news.geccs.gecm.com>
           [not found] ` <372a74e6.7440315@news.geccs.gecm.com>
    @ 1999-04-30  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
    From: Tucker Taft @ 1999-04-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Brian Orpin wrote:

    > did not need to 'with' system but rather we could simply prefix
    > everything with Standard.System eg.
    >
    > Some_Address : Standard.System.Address;
    >
    > On Both our DEC Ada and Tartan Ada compilers this doesn't work.
    >
    > Should it or is the advice false?

    The advice is false.  However, perhaps what they
    should have said is that *after* you "with" System,
    you may still need to refer to it via "Standard.System"
    if the name "System" by itself is hidden by something
    declared inside the current compilation unit.

    --
    -Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
    Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)