From: john@assen.demon.co.uk.nospam (John McCabe)
Subject: Re: Are un-validated compilers unsafe?
Date: 1999/04/26
Date: 1999-04-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Mark Elson <mark@tioman.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>This question was prompted by the fact that a new space project may be
>using GNAT in conjunction with an un-validated RTOS on the grounds that
>the combination is in widespread use and that GNAT is a "very good"
>compiler (also due to the abundance of developers as well as users).

There are a number of space projects already that have been built
using unvalidated compilers. The version of the TLD Ada 83 compiler
for a MIL-STD-1750A target that was mandated for Ada use on ESA's
Envisat-1 project was not validated (at least not when I used it).

Best Regards
John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk>